This 8-hour online self-study course includes video lecture and practical guidance that will certify you to use Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses on clients that have had a neurological injury.
FREE Perth Saebo Self-Study Certification Course Workshop
Become Saebo Certified
Self-Study Certification Course
Improving Upper Extremity Motor Recovery Following Neurological Injury
Tuesday, 18th July 2017
9.00am - 4.30pm
This 8-hour online self-study course includes video lecture and practical guidance that will certify you to use Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses on clients that have had a neurological injury. This innovative course offers training which will enable you to incorporate the latest evidence based treatment approaches for UE neurological rehabilitation for those individuals who are appropriate. The course will review current research findings related to the treatment of the hemiparetic UE, teach you to identify which clients with a variety of diagnoses will benefit, teach you how to correctly fit and adjust the Orthoses, as well as teach you to establish client specific treatment plans that can be immediately incorporated into clinical practice.
Upon completion of this online course the participant will be able to:
- Identify common upper extremity impairments following a stroke
- Demonstrate awareness of current research evidence for common treatment strategies for the upper hemiparetic limb
- Describe the principles of Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses (SaeboFlex and SaeboReach) and the Saebo Arm Training Program
- Describe the principles of the SaeboStretch resting hand splint
- Identify the components that make up Saebo’s Orthoses
- Perform a clinical evaluation of the hemiparetic upper extremity for the appropriateness of the Orthoses
- Complete the fitting procedure for the Saebo Orthoses
- Develop a patient specific Saebo Arm Training treatment plan
- Describe how to incorporate the Orthoses and Saebo Arm Training principles into your current treatment practice
- Describe how the use of Saebo’s products and programs support evidence based practice
1.Online Recorded (Self Study – 5 hour Agenda):
- Overview of stroke, stroke statistics and common UE neurological impairments.
- Review of evidence based UE neurological rehabilitation.
- Introduction to Saebo’s Dynamic Functional Orthoses (SaeboFlex/SaeboReach) and how they work.
- Clinical evaluation of the UE to assess appropriateness for Saebo Orthoses.
- Measuring for Saebo Orthoses.
- Review SaeboFlex, SaeboReach, and SaeboStretch fitting procedures.
- Case Studies and Troubleshooting.
- Arm Training Program treatment and principles
2.Practical Fitting: Registrants will be required to successfully assess, measure, fit and treat an appropriate client as part of the course requirements to obtain certification of a Saebo Trained Therapist This session may be conducted remotely for individuals, with evidence provided for assessments; or as part of a scheduled lab session for Hospitals purchasing a Saebo kit.
3.Post Test: Research, identify, and submit your post- test answers (allow 30 minutes for these completion tasks).
Tuesday, 11th July 2017 - Numbers are limited, register early to secure your spot!
Took 0 milliseconds